E2M Technologies BV, an MTS company, is a young company with its main office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. E2M has a wealth of experience in the design, development and manufacturing of electric motion and control loading systems for a wide variety of applications such as vehicle simulation (aircraft, cars, trains, etc.), entertainment rides, research and development applications and more. E2M products are exported and serviced worldwide from our manufacturing facility in Mijdrecht.
The working atmosphere at E2M is informal, dynamic, challenging, and flexible. For the extension of our operations team, E2M is looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a passion for high-tech systems.
Check out some of our products in action:
The commissioning engineer will have the following main responsibilities: The Commissioning Engineer is part of the operations team and takes care of the commissioning of our systems consisting of control, electronics, software and mechanics.
- perform inspections of control cabinets and cables
- install control cabinets, route and connect cables (in factory and on-site at customer)
- prepare the control cabinets and cabling together with the mechanical system for commissioning
- install servo drive firmware, safety PLC programs, IO configurations, controller software
- perform calibration procedures
- commission and troubleshoot systems
- test systems
- implement control cabinet modifications
- assemble and wire RND test setups
- complete various checklists related to cabinet inspection, commissioning and ensure that documentation is maintained and archived correctly
- ability to read, interpret and make corrections to electrical schematics, manuals and procedures
You will work on sensitive force feedback systems up to big motion systems moving 40,000 kg payload with 1G acceleration. You will be involved in building and testing of RND test setups up to installation, commissioning and acceptance testing at a customer site.
- Associate’s degree (Dutch: MBO level 4) with focus on experience in electrical engineering, preferably in measurement and control engineering / automation
- Experience with control cabinet and cable installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and testing desired, but not required
- Experience working with and reading electrical engineering schematics/diagrams desired, but not required
- Affinity with control systems for machines, industrial installation, sensor and servo technology
- Affinity working with industrial test, commissioning and operation software tools
- Fluent in English, basic Dutch
- Flexible working attitude
- Location: Mijdrecht (90%) & Amsterdam (10%)
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally in support of customer installations when needed (requirement for travel is infrequent and typically not more than 10-15%)
- An open, modern working environment, using short communication lines
- Possibilities for growth in responsibilities and personal development
- International working environment
- Fun team that wants to learn and grow
If you think this job is for you, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org